todays rebirth item tease comes in the form of a not so exciting item that im using as a way to talk about a new feature in rebirth that i think is quite amazing, but 1st lets get this belt out of the way.
the champion belt is a STORE ITEM, that raises the % chance of champion enemies appearing in rooms but also raises damage. a lot of items will be moved around item pool wise to fit a “store theme”. the store will feature more support items that are obviously very optional and you have more options on what one(s) you choose to use as you play. most players wont scoff at a damage up item for a few pennies.. but there are a lot more to champions in rebirth than there were before.
in the past a champion was just a larger enemy that had double hp and did a full heart of damage, each champion was randomly tinted to make them look special.. but there really wasnt much special about them other than that.
another big goal in rebirth is to push the random factor up higher, and special champions raise that aspect by a shit ton.
binding of isaac: rebirth will feature a large number of custom designed champions each with their own special stats, features, ai and item drops.
here is a good example:
as you might notice in the gif, there are 2 champions in this room (because im wearing the belt) one is orange and one is solid black. im not going to talk about the orange one.. because its not obvious what hes doing special, but the black one is what i call a “lost champion”. if you pay attention you can see he becomes invisible shortly after entering the room. all of the many new champions each have their own special abilities just like him.
Solid Black = fades in and out of visibility / item drop = red chest
Yellow = double walk/shoot speed / item drop = undisclosed new pickup item
Red = very high hp / item drop = heart
Grey = blows up when killed / items drop = bomb
Green = leaves green creep under itself / item drop = pill
(there are a ton more, but i dont wanna spoil the fun)
(sorry about the frame rate in this gif, i recorded it at 16 fps)
as you might imagine this totally changes how you approach each and every enemy in the game and is quite a fun game changer that pays out when it comes to risk/reward.
aside from those, champions will still feature double hp and do a full heart of damage when they hit you.. but they are much more of a challenge this time.. thats for sure.
next week ill show you my knife!
- ragingrainbowz likes this
- yldrion likes this
- volundoor likes this
- weirdmin likes this
- lepixi likes this
- paxtoncovaleda likes this
- thescoutbot likes this
- vnnk123 likes this
- hylianhime reblogged this from isisaacdead
- trippybassline likes this
- brandontrombone likes this
- omicron42 likes this
- joedxstarclan likes this
- maelrawn likes this
- archiver001 reblogged this from isisaacdead
- lololololwutman likes this
- fuzzymotion likes this
- werdna190 likes this
- thebindingofsatan likes this
- italiancasual likes this
- tokadog likes this
- 0renginal reblogged this from cheshirewolfy
- cheshirewolfy reblogged this from ir0nshark and added:
- ir0nshark reblogged this from isisaacdead
- badboysnightmare likes this
- sacra-cor reblogged this from isisaacdead
- maxmilkcave likes this
- maxmilkcave reblogged this from isisaacdead and added:
- bronymage likes this
- adara-rami likes this
- bleedingpen likes this
- liamjaffa likes this
- tahalika likes this
- willdrawsshit likes this
- twotomatoestoomany likes this
- schtivantheterrible likes this
- zxblaze reblogged this from isisaacdead
- zxblaze likes this
- johnf3545sblog likes this
- ilikeandreblogstuff likes this
- mintyfreshprincess likes this
- cristian865 likes this
- roosterbeard likes this
- danichuuu likes this
- chaoswitchquelaag likes this
- angstyberry reblogged this from isisaacdead
- vikingale likes this
- cljd likes this