in 2002 i was an animal control officer for the SC county, i had worked the job for about a year and usually worked by myself.
On aug. 19th we got a call for 6 kittens left abandoned in a planter box by a local theater, the maintenance man heard them crying when he watered the flowers and called it in.
I took the call and when i found the kittens i counted 7, they were all newly born mostly calico or black cats covered in fleas, the mother was no where to be found, i loaded them up in a carrier and left.
i knew we had no mother cats at the SPCA and that all of the kittens would need to be put down without a mother at this age… i also knew it was recently Danielle’s birthday and the call was for 6 kittens not 7.
i stopped by my house on the way back, and told Danielle to take the kitten she thought looked the most healthy, and she picked a chubby little tuxedo boy. as i went back to work Danielle rode her bike to PetsMart where she got some stuff for a flea bath, bottle and formula, gently bathed him and started to bottle feed him.
This was Guppy.
Guppy was our only cat for 7 years, he was a very odd lil boy. he hated people, he was scared of the outdoors and had a habit of making direct eye contact and never looking away. he was extremely loving to us, a great majority of my games were made with him laying his head on my right arm while i drew with my left.
Guppy was Danielle and my mascot, we included him in almost everything we did and every video we made.
last week on the anniversary of the day we got him, guppy passed away. its hard to avoid the fact that such a significant part of our lives who was never intended to exists was with us for 12 years and left on the anniversary of the day we first saw him.
it’s impossible to put into words how significant Guppy was to both of us, he was our 1st baby and we both loved him greatly.. 12 years feels like a short amount of time but im so grateful for the time i got to spend with him, our little ghost kitty.
in his honor this week i’ll be showing a Guppy Item, Guppy’s collar.
wearing his collar grants the user a 50% chance of coming back to life at half a heart in the previous room.
I leave all that i own to you my little Gup.
- truthmakesallthingsplain likes this
- psychobloomin reblogged this from isisaacdead
- theartismyhope likes this
- weightedcompanionboob reblogged this from isisaacdead
- martalopes94 reblogged this from isisaacdead
- martalopes94 likes this
- sureshotmushroom likes this
- thesmilingjamie reblogged this from isisaacdead
- drskewer likes this
- pkthunddar likes this
- perhapsu reblogged this from isisaacdead
- 2spooky4lava reblogged this from isisaacdead
- 2spooky4lava likes this
- kayli-doodle likes this
- mothermuckers likes this
- molded-clay likes this
- misssalem likes this
- syriune likes this
- daleksdonottakeorders reblogged this from isisaacdead
- fountainface likes this
- billionletterz reblogged this from isisaacdead
- deggisfox reblogged this from isisaacdead
- dryarus likes this
- dextarclawie9 likes this
- murder-of-crowes reblogged this from isisaacdead
- maaaaaaaaaaz likes this
- marimagi likes this
- roomnumber203 reblogged this from frazzzles
- frazzzles likes this
- frazzzles reblogged this from isisaacdead
- zachzanft likes this
- zachzanft reblogged this from isisaacdead
- the-supreme-terrorist likes this
- humasexuality likes this
- jeffrey-dahmers-beard reblogged this from isisaacdead
- bronyofdespair likes this
- elk160 likes this
- assoprafitasbr likes this
- universe--b reblogged this from isisaacdead
- universe--b likes this
- paranoidpomegranate reblogged this from isisaacdead
- eiymg likes this
- well-of-worms likes this
- fantabulousmagikarp likes this
- timkinut likes this
- itstimelife likes this
- paradoxexplorer likes this
- lordub3r likes this
- omicron42 likes this
- littlepengin reblogged this from isisaacdead